Saturday, June 21, 2008

I knew I was in trouble as soon as I stumbled into that club. Lou was Vicious, Mick was Dancing with Mr. D, and David was Aladdin Sane. Could have been a Perfect Day, too: maybe 100 Years Ago, but there was Panic In Detroit. My Satellite of Love was Coming Down Again, and I felt like a spoke in a Wagon Wheel because every Cracked Actor started Hangin' 'Round my little Heartbreaker, 'The Prettiest Star', Angie. I whispered, "Hide Your Love," and she did.

Back from his Walk On the Wild Side, Lou thumped Andy's Chest and yelled, "I'm So Free." I said, "But Can You Hear The Music, Lou,
or are you just trying to Make Up?"
The Jean Genie finally ran out of Time when his Lady Grinning Soul got busted at the Drive-In Saturday; and after a New York Telephone Conversation, The Silver Train returned Mick to his perpetual Winter. What a Starfucker he turned out to be.

I saw Angie once more that night. "Watch That Man," I said, but it was too late. The waiter dumped a drink on her, and after that it was Goodnight Ladies. I never even got to say, "Let's Spend The Night Together."


SEPTEMBER 1973, CBGB's
WAITING FOR IGGY TO TAKE THE STAGE. MICK WAS IN RARE FORM. WE LAUGHED ALL NIGHT.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sidewaysagain said...

So what are the boys up to these days? Why haven't you all done an album together? I'd bet it would top the charts if you did. Your biggest fan, your personal BandAid,

7:12 PM  
Blogger Sidewaysagain said...

I've been trying to get the guys together for years, but we can't stand each other. Lou pretty much went underground after Andy's death; David started acting in B-movies and lost his edge AND his nerve; and ever since Mick got his MBE, he's been hangin' with all the blue blood's at the palace. It's a shame, you know, because we used to be so close. Maybe it's just as well, the music scene sucks now anyway.

11:13 AM  
Blogger S said...

Erm, should we tell him he's talking to himself?

Nooo, this is much too good.
I am so glad you decided to submit that. Now we will both look like absolute loons.
May I just say how much I am looking forward to the reunion, and how awesome it is that we still know each other. Of that I am so proud, and will boast about at the reunion, my friend.

Lisa, I am "allowing" myself the option of a second dress if it comes along before the occaision! Girls can do that, cant we?
Cant wait to see you both!

2:43 PM  
Blogger Sidewaysagain said...

Actually, that first bit is from Lisa. I was already signed-in when she suddenly got the urge to post a comment. It does look funny, but I didn't have the heart to delete it. The 2nd part is mine--still very much in the fantasy Rock-n-Roll mode, of course.

I think we're going to have a great time at the reunion, too. How sweet it is to still be close after all these years.

3:35 PM  
Blogger LisaPizza said...

So what are the boys up to these days? Why haven't you all done an album together? I'd bet it would top the charts if you did. Your biggest fan, your personal BandAid

7:11 AM  
Blogger S said...

Yeah lets have some sort of musical output from you boys before Mick can no longer jam!

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home