Friday, October 22, 2010

I've just finished reading a biography about chameleon rock star, David Bowie.  It's written by Marc Spitz and titled, simply, Bowie.  I'd have gone with Chameleon Rock Star, myself; or maybe, Rock & Roll Savior.  Anyway, it's one of a hundred or so bio's published in the last 35 years detailing the Glamor King's life; but even  though I'm a huge DB fan, until now I've never bothered to read one.  I figured (wrongly) that they'd all be too gossipy and salacious to hold my interest, but Mr Spitz's book was a treat to read from start to finish.  Then I searched the internet and found this clip from the British sit-com, Extras, which is mentioned in the book, and I laughed my ass off while watching it.  And now look, I've managed to figure out how to post videos from utube.  Will wonders never cease.   The clip with Ricky Gervais and Patrick Stewart also rocks.  Oh, go ahead, watch them all!


5 Comments:

Blogger S said...

LOL Hi Sideways! Nice to see you ar learning some new technology! I have Hannah to help me, afterall.

Hi to you and Lisa, and I still LOVE Bowie too! Remember that cool Bowie poster I got for you in Paris?

;)

12:38 PM  
Blogger Sidewaysagain said...

I do remember that. And I still have it. One day, all my poster art is going back up. Bowie rules!

7:09 PM  
Blogger LisaPizza said...

Yes, when we have won the lottery and have our ocean front home in Pacific grove, the music room will have all of our music memorabilia & instruments proudly displayed. (The windows will have UV protection glass.) Of course the game room will have our toy collections (matchbox, McD's, Pez, etc.) and we'll have a deluxe monopoly/scrabble/chess/trivial pursuits table with built-in drawers. And let's not forget the karoms table and the Ms Pacman video game.;- )

1:26 AM  
Blogger pete said...

i split a gut when i saw this clip the first time, "funny little fat man..."

3:14 PM  
Blogger pete said...

i split a gut when i saw this clip the first time, "funny little fat man..."

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home